ValiData is the only analytical technology built to assess survey validity in real time. ValiData uses machine learning to identify problematic data points and inconsistencies during survey administration. This allows survey administrators to identify issues in real time – while enumerators are still in the field – to take immediate action, minimize data errors and reduce costs. This process results in high-quality data sets that are unrivaled by other survey tools.
THE MISSING MIDDLED
Many organizations have tried to solve this on the front end – by using (or building) a better data collection tool. So much so, that data collection tools have become a commodity and are essentially interchangeable. More commonly, researchers and managers simply rely on their ability to “clean” data once it comes in from the field. But cleaning data is not only time-consuming, it doesn’t guarantee that the dataset you’re left with will get you the results you need. The critical “missing middle” in this equation is the ability to ensure the data you’re collecting is correct and high quality.
Front end digital forms, or data collection tools, have become a commodity. There are 100 flavors, but they all basically do the same thing.
The Missing Middle
The missing middle is knowing whether the data you collect is any good. Are your enumerators just randomly filling in forms? Are they asking questions correctly? Do the recorded responses make sense?
When you analyze data, it is a customized process to achieve your goals, most commonly with MS Excel, but also with STATA, SPSS or other statistical packages, like R.
Want to learn more?We'd love to help you achieve data zen.
REAL-TIME SURVEY ANALYTICS
Output by enumerator: track progress, data outliers, corrections made and overall status by an enumerator.
Enumerator performance: quickly understand the performance of each enumerator by the number of surveys confirmed, unconfirmed and rejected.
Answer frequencies: immediately see frequencies at the variable level, disaggregated by an enumerator.
Skipped sections: machine learning detects if enumerators are skipping sections of your survey instrument.
Faked data: machine learning detects if enumerators are reporting faked or inaccurate data.
Mapping: real-time mapping of completed enumeration.
Interested in more tech specs?Give us a shout and we'll be happy to answer all your questions.
VALIDATA IN ACTION: A CASE STUDY
The purpose of the baseline study was to collect, analyze, and report information related to unpaid care work and the introduction of climate resilient sustainable agriculture techniques into the work practices of rural women. As part of the data collection, ISG conducted the survey electronically using ValiData installed on handheld tablets. ValiData allowed for the administration of a digitized version of the Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index (WEAI) – providing for time and cost savings. Most importantly, however, errors in data collection were immediately reported and, accordingly, led to the creation of a highly reliable data set. Click here or on the image to download the full case study.
THE VALIDATA PROCESS
- We digitize your survey form (or use an existing form).
- We install a set of customized data validation protocols.
- We train survey managers on things like editing functions, automated data quality reports, survey statistics, data mapping, and export.
- When Data collection begins, ValiData listens to data points in real time. Your researchers oversee the process and make adjustments, as necessary.
- At the conclusion of data collection, a clean data set that retains original column headings and underlying database structure is exported and deliver to you for analysis.
- You’ve achieved data zen.
THE VALUE OF VALIDATA
A la carte pricing allows you to only purchase the services you need. We can help from the inception of your survey exercise, but if you’re already a master ODK form creator, skip the setup and purchase ValiData directly.
- Set Up$1,400* Per Survey
- Rapid set up process.
- Digitize your form, insert validation and more.
- *Based on digital form with < 25 questions.
- Data Validation$2,500Per Survey
- No additional fees or “per survey” prices.
- We charge a one-time flat fee.
- It really is that simple.
- CustomizationTBDPer Survey
- We know there are always special cases.
- ValiData is scalable to any need.
- Give us a shout and we’ll make it happen.